About This Project
- Pictures of people using balls (sports, construction, hobbies, toys, food, etc.)
- Journal how a child uses balls
- Read a book about balls (i.e. Play Balls)
- Follow a recipe for making cookies, meatballs, etc.
- Follow sequential directions (1st, 2nd, 3rd) (e.g. using cotton balls to make a snowman)
- How many times does it bounce?
- Same/different height
- Different shapes/sizes/colors
- Ramp activity in Block area: Explore different objects/shapes. What rolls?
- How can we make this move?
- Various weight/size ball?
- Different techniques for moving (can you push it? Use a stick?)
- How does it change on different surfaces?
- Measure with yarn or string and compare
- Who uses balls? Sports? Jobs?
- How can we sort the balls?
- How many different ways can we use the balls?
Teaching Strategies Pinterest Pins on the Ball Study
Early Childhood Video: Investigating Balls